Monday, December 27, 2010

Interview with Terri of Terrbear 37

Today's interview is with Terri of Terrbear 37. She is a homeschooling mom, and a talented designer of paper crafts. Terri's work can be viewed and purchased in her Etsy shop.

Q:How long have you been crafting?

A:I have loved art since I was a child and have been crafting my whole life. I got into stamping and paper crafts 5 years ago.

Q:Do you remember any craft successes or disasters from childhood?

A:I won a poster contest in the 5th grade.



Q:When did you decide to sell your handmade items on Etsy and why?

A:My husband created a website to sell my items from in 2006 but when I discovered Etsy in March 2007 I started selling my items there instead hoping to get more exposure. I decided to sell my handmade items because I would rather them be with someone that can use them and it would be nice to make some extra money too.





Q:How long have you been homeschooling?

A:Since my daughter was in pre-k. She is in 7th grade now. I was also homeschooled for high school




Q:How many children do you homeschool?

A:1 my 12 year old daughter




Q:What methods/curriculum do you use?

A:I have always used Calvert with my daughter which is a pre-packaged classical curriculum.



Q:What do you find difficult about homeschooling and running a home business?

A:Having enough time to make things since school comes first.
Q:What do you find rewarding about homeschooling and running a home business?

A:Being home with my daughter and getting to spend all this time with her.



Q:Do you have your own workspace?

A:Yes



Q:Do you sell your handmade goods at other venues, ie craft shows, local shops, other Internet sites?

A:No




Q:Where else can we find you, ie blog, facebook, twitter, myspace, other handcraft websites?

A: My blog http://terrbear38.blogspot.com/

Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/Terrbear38

Facebook Fanpage http://www.facebook.com/Terrbear37

********************************************

Interview by Sonja

2 comments:

The Handmaden said...

Nice to read about you Terri, your papercrafts are really cute and unique.

Gayle said...

Hi Terri. It's nice to get to know you better.