Friday, February 25, 2011

Family crafty traditions






OK, so these are not our family traditions at the moment but I know they are for many families and I would certainly love to adopt more crafty traditions for my own family.




I'm told that many families make these "Ojo de Dios" or "God's Eyes" at  Easter time. They are a pretty decoration to hang and steeped in tradition and history, so are a good opportunity to mix fun and knowledge. Also may be a good opportunity for you to dig into some of that gorgeous wool lurking in your stash!



We made ours following the tutorial here.


We also recently made these Waldorf Window Stars after I decided to stop gazing at Ann's beautiful creations and try some of our own!


These would make beautiful Christmas decorations but are so pretty and bring cheer to a window at any time. We followed this excellent tutorial. I believe the kite paper is easy to source in the U.S.A. - not so here in Australia but I did find it here.









Posted by Kelly of The Handmaden

1 comment:

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

I really like the color combination you chose on the last star! The window stars are so much fun to make!